Can you use coffee as an ingredient for hair growth? We are about to find that out. Besides boosting your energy and keeping you active every morning; coffee happens to have alleged benefits for your hair growth. Consumption of much caffeine is considered not good for your body, however, it is surprisingly good for the growth of your hair.
Here we will be discussing the benefits that come in handy with the use of coffee for hair, precautions that you require to take while using the hair growth ingredient, and the side effects that may be there of using coffee to promote hair growth.
Maintaining your healthy hair is important for enhancing of looks and your self-esteem. The advantage of using coffee is that it is natural compared to the chemical products we use on our hair.
Consumption of coffee has a lot of benefits but should not be overdone. Apart from hair growth benefit, coffee has other health benefits such as:
- Coffee consumption improves your energy levels thus improving your physical performance.
- Coffee is a weight loss ingredient as it burns the fats in your body.
- Taking coffee reduces Parkinson’s disease risk.
- Taking Coffee lowers the probability of getting type 2 diabetes.
- Coffee lightens up your mood and is probably the reason you have it every morning.
- Coffee helps you stay focused and alert.
Benefits of Coffee on Your Hair
- Coffee promotes the growth of your hair
How does the coffee you drink promote hair growth? Is caffeine good for your hair? Consuming coffee makes you active as it is a stimulant. The way caffeine stimulates your body is the same way that it stimulates your hair growth. Caffeine stimulates the circulation of blood in your hair promoting hair growth.
- Coffee prevents the loss of hair
Loss of hair especially in males is caused by the sex hormone DHT that prevents vitamins and nutrients from reaching the roots of the hair leading to hair fall. Coffee however, prevents hair fall by targeting the hormone and thus promoting hair growth.
- Gives your hair a shiny appearance and Soft texture
Coffee works wonders in the hair as it does to your body. Imagine with coffee you can change your dull and dry hair to shiny soft hair. This is a great thing. How does using coffee help you achieve this? Coffee contains antioxidants that help prevent the loss of moisture from your hair. The loss of moisture is what causes the dullness and dryness in your hair. To achieve this, you can use the many coffee masks that we are going to discuss. All you have to do is continue reading.
- Improves your hair color
Tired of the gray or brown hair on your head? Try using coffee to darken it. Coffee is dark in color and will therefore stain your hair, darkening it. This is worth a trial. The best coffee to try is strong coffee such as expresso. It will give you the desired results. Make some coffee paste or use brewed coffee spray for this.
- Detangles your hair
You are probably struggling to comb your hair. Using coffee is the hack and solution to this. The advantage of using coffee is that it is readily available so you don’t have to add-on purchases. How do you do that? Brew your coffee and use it to rinse your hair. The brewed coffee will help smoothen the shafts of your hair and make them stronger.
- Coffee sheds the dead scalp
If you are struggling with dandruff and flakiness on your scalp, try using coffee. Scrub your hair and scalp using coffee and it will shed the dead cells on your scalp making it so easy for you to deal with dandruff and the flakiness on your scalp.
How to Use Coffee to Grow Your Hair
Now let’s get practical. How do you use coffee for your hair growth? There are very many do-it-yourself ideas for you to try out. The examples are:
- Use of hair masks
There are so many hair masks that you are free to choose from and they include:
- Use of coffee, olive oil, and honey
- Use of coffee and coconut oil
- Use of coffee, yogurt/ cinnamon, and lemon
- Use of coffee and sugar
- Use of coffee and mayonnaise
- Use of coffee and egg yolk
The advantage of trying out the masks is that you have all the products readily available.
- Wash your hair with coffee conditioner
- Scrub your hair with coffee
- Rinse your hair with the brewed coffee spray
- Use coffee oil for massage
Apart from the do-it-yourself methods at home, you can prefer to buy already made products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair serum but make sure to purchase the ones that have caffeine in them. The products should serve the purpose that coffee would. Something to put into consideration as you purchase is your hair type.
Here are do-it-yourself methods you can try out among the many.
- Coffee, yogurt/cinnamon, and lemon mask
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1 cup of yogurt or one tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Lemons
- Shower cap
- Mix the coffee, yogurt, or cinnamon and add lemon juice to a bowl
- Stir to make a paste
- Apply the paste to your hair
- Put on the shower cap and wait for half an hour
- Rinse the hair with warm water
- Rinse Your Hair with Brewed Coffee Spray
- Brewed coffee
- Shower cap
- Spray bottle
- Put the brewed coffee in the spray bottle
- Wash your hair using shampoo
- Spray the cooled brewed coffee on the hair
- Put on the shower cap and wait for 15 minutes
- Rinse your hair with cold or warm water.
- Wash Your Hair with Coffee Conditioner
- Brewed coffee
- Shower cap
- Wash your hair with shampoo
- Rinse off the shampoo and any excess water in the hair
- Pour the brewed coffee in the container on the hair.
- Massage the hair.
- Put on a shower cap for half an hour.
- Rinse the hair with warm water.
What Precautions Should You Take?
- While using the brewed coffee allow it to cool for safety purposes.
- Use coffee that has not been added to other ingredients. Organic and instant coffee Is the best as it does not have any added preservatives.
- To avoid the coffee stains ovoid using coffee direct. Opt for coffee shampoo and conditioner.
Does Using Coffee Have Any Side Effects?
Well, using coffee has no side effects but avoid using it excessively. Just like too much consumption has some health effects too much coffee on the hair still has some effect.
Using on your hair has so many benefits and it’s worth trying. You can try the do-it-yourself methods listed and you still can opt for products that are sold on the counter. There are so many options provided to choose from. Patience is also a virtue to use as you try out the methods. They may take time to deliver the needed results. For over-the-counter methods, keep in mind your type of hair before choosing or purchasing a product.