There are different ways people enjoy this coffee around the world. Some prefer their black hot coffee with no additives, while some believe the beauty of their daily dose of caffeine is getting rid of the bitterness with flavours, sweeteners and others of their choice.
Turtle coffee is another coffee variant.
This article shall discuss what turtle coffee is, its preparation and other things you need to know about making turtle coffee.
No, turtle coffee has nothing to do with turtle or turtle shells. It has nothing to do with the turtle we all know.
Turtle coffee has different flavours, such as caramel, chocolate, and a hint of hazelnut. You can also add cream to spice it up if you wish. It is only called turtle coffee because it reminds us of turtle clusters candy.
This uniquely made espresso coffee can be enjoyed any time of the day.
How to Make Iced Turtle Coffee
- Freshly brewed coffee
- Granulated sugar
- Caramel sauce, whipped cream, crushed pecans, fudge sauce and chocolate chips for toppings
- Prepare your coffee with your creamer/ milk and sugar
- Drizzle chocolate syrup and caramel sauce on the inside of your serving cup
- Add ice to the cup
- Pour your coffee into the ice
- Add your whipped cream, caramel sauce, fudge sauce and chopped pecans according to your preference.
- Coffee’s ready!
How to Make Hot Turtle Latte
- Brewed coffee or espresso shots
- Caramel topping
- Hazelnut syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Make your coffee/espresso
- Add the chocolate, hazelnut syrup and caramel.
- Steam your milk on a stove or microwave.
- Add the skin and foam to your desire
- Add caramel and a drizzle of chocolate on top.
- Coffee’s ready to serve
How to Make a Turtle Mocha
- Espresso machine
- Milk pitcher
- Whipped cream
- Caramel syrup
- Measure the amount of chocolate you prefer into a milk pitcher
- Add milk to your chocolate powder
- Steam the two together to your preferred hotness
- Add a bit of milk
- Add caramel into the cups
- Add in your espresso shots
- Add your steamed chocolate/milk and leave about an inch for the whipped cream
- Add sprinkles of sneakers on it
- Drizzle your caramel syrup on it
- Coffee’s ready
How to Make Turtle Caramel Frappe
- Caramel creamer
- Chocolate sauce
- Whipped cream
- Instant espresso
- Whole Milk
- Ice cubes
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of your mason jar or coffee cup. Allow about a tablespoon to settle in the bottom.
- Blend your ice cubes, creamer, whole milk(or any milk), and espresso powder until the ice is blended in thoroughly to make a frappe
- If there are still ice chunks in the puree, pick them out.
- Carefully pour your frappe into the mason jar or coffee cup already lined with chocolate syrup.
- Top it with your whipped cream and crushed Pecans
- Coffee’s ready
What Flavour is Turtle Coffee?
Turtle coffee does not contain the real turtle you know in any way. It is only a coffee with chocolate, caramel, butter, pecans or hazelnuts.
What is a Turtle Latte?
A turtle latte is a bold espresso and steamed milk coffee with caramel, chocolate and hazelnuts.
Is Frappe Frappuccino?
People often frappe and Frappuccino interchangeably these days; however, they are subtly different. Frappes are made with instant coffee, while Frappuccinos are made by blending cappuccinos and milkshakes.
Turtle coffee is another flavourful way to enjoy a coffee drink. This drink combines chocolate, caramel and hazelnuts to bring out a delicious cup of caffeine. It can be made in latte, frappe, mocha or any other style you choose.