Frappuccinos are sweet, blended iced coffee drinks commonly sold in Starbucks. The term frappuccino is a combination of the words “frappe” and “cappuccino.” There are approximately 19 different bottled frappuccino flavors offered in Starbucks. Some include mocha, pumpkin spice, Caffe vanilla, espresso, white chocolate mocha, caramel, and java chip frappuccino.
Basically, a java chip frappuccino is a popular Starbucks blended iced coffee drink with chocolate chips. Starbucks often describes this beverage as a blend of frappuccino chips with milk, coffee, and ice. The drink is usually topped with whipped cream and some mocha drizzle to give you java joy. When visiting Starbucks, you’ll need to order your frappuccino based on several factors. They include:
- Drink size – Frappuccinos in Starbucks are sold in different sizes. There’s the tall frappuccino (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and venti (24 ounces).
- Caffeine, decaf, and caffeine-free options – Every frappuccino contains coffee and caffeine. A caffeine-free frappuccino is known as a creme. Cremes in Starbucks lack coffee. Therefore, you can either order a frappuccino (with caffeine), a creme (without coffee), or a decaf frappuccino.
- Dairy-free – A Starbucks dairy-free frappuccino has plant-based milk such as oat, soy, or almond milk in place of milk. Additionally, a dairy-free frappuccino skips the whipped cream.
- Lighter frappuccino – You can order your frappuccino light if you want to reduce the number of calories in the beverage. A lighter frappuccino contains less or no whipped cream, a reduced number of syrup pumps, and 2% whole milk or non-dairy milk.
That said, all frappuccinos typically contain coffee. If a frappuccino lacks coffee, then it’s not a frappuccino. As mentioned, frappuccinos without coffee are usually referred to as cremes. It’s very easy to turn frappuccinos into cremes, including the java chip frappuccino. All you’ll need to do is leave out the coffee while making the java chip frappuccino. This article guides you on how to make a java chip frappuccino without coffee. Read on!
How to Make Java Chip Frappuccino Without Coffee
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make a java chip frappuccino without coffee. They include:
- Two cups of milk – Feel free to use your milk preference. You can use whole or plant-based milk such as almond or soy milk if you’re sensitive to lactose or want to reduce the number of calories in your coffee. This recipe will use whole milk since it provides the best results.
- Four tbsp of chocolate chips – High-quality chips are recommended since they are easy to blend and produce a creamy flavor. Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips if you want to reduce the number of calories and the sweetness of your drink. Avoid milk chocolate chips since they add a lot of sweetness to an already sweet drink.
- Ice cubes – A java chip frappuccino is an iced blended coffee drink. Therefore, you’ll need ice cubes (about 2 cups or less, depending on your preferences) to make your drink cold. Keep in mind that too much ice will reduce the creaminess of your beverage.
- Four tbsp chocolate or mocha sauce – Feel free to use your choice of sauce. Alternatively, you can use chocolate syrup instead of the sauce if you prefer a thicker drink.
- Whipped cream – store-bought or homemade whipped cream will serve the purpose.
- Blender – You’ll need this equipment to prepare a java chip frappuccino without coffee. Furthermore, frappuccinos are blended iced coffee drinks.
- Glass mugs
- The first step to preparing the java chip frappuccino without coffee is drizzling the glasses. This involves pouring chocolate lightly on the walls of each glass. Drizzling the glasses affects the flavor and looks of your drink. After this, place the glasses in the freezer to get them cold and prevent the chocolate from running to the bottom of the glass.
- Add the ingredients (milk, chocolate sauce, ice, and chocolate chips) into a clean blender.
- Blend everything at low speed for about 30 seconds. Up the blender speed to maximum and continue blending for about 20 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
- Taste the mixture for flavor and thickness. Feel free to add more ice cubes if you want the mixture less thick. If you want more flavor, add more chocolate chips or chocolate sauce. After adding any ingredients, blend the mixture again until it’s smooth.
- If your drink is up to your standards, pour the mixture into the cold glasses, top it with whipped cream, and drizzle some chocolate sauce. The more whipped cream you add, the creamier your drink will be. Feel free to stir the whipped cream into the drink if you wish.
- Enjoy your java chip frappuccino without coffee. Drink the beverage as soon as possible before the ice melts.
1. What is A Java Chip Frappuccino?
A java chip frappuccino is a Starbucks blended iced drink consisting of chocolate chips, coffee or espresso, milk, ice, and chocolate syrup.
2. Can You Get a Java Chip Frappuccino Without Coffee?
Basically, all frappuccinos contain coffee. However, you can get a frappuccino creme without coffee.
3. What’s the Difference Between Frappuccino and Frappe?
Contrary to popular belief, frappes and frappuccinos are not the same. Usually, frappuccinos are blended coffee drinks, while frappes are whisked or shaken coffee drinks. This gives frappuccinos a different texture from frappes. Additionally, frappuccinos use brewed strong coffee, creme, or espresso as the drink’s base, while frappes use instant coffee. Generally, both drinks are iced coffee drinks.
4. What’s the Difference Between Iced Coffee and Frappuccino?
Iced coffee is simply coffee served over ice. On the other hand, frappuccinos are blended iced coffee drinks. All the ingredients, including ice cubes, are combined for frappuccinos to form the drink.
While all frappuccinos contain coffee, you can quickly swipe the coffee using milk to make a creme. As you can see, a java chip frappuccino without coffee is easy to make in the comfort of your home with only a few simple ingredients. All you need to do is add all the ingredients (milk, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, and ice cubes) into a blender and blend them into a smooth mixture. Then add whipped cream and other toppings of your choice. Lastly, serve and enjoy your java chip frappuccino without coffee.
Also read: Do Frappuccinos Have Coffee?