If you’re looking for a refreshing beverage for all seasons, Bailey’s iced coffee is a perfect treat for you. It’s a great pick-me-up beverage as well as an ideal drink for special occasions. The coffee is sweet, rich, smooth, refreshing, and boozy. Additionally, you can enjoy Bailey’s iced coffee as a dessert or cocktail. This article is a guide on how to make Bailey’s iced coffee. Read on!
How to Make Baileys Iced Coffee
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make Baileys iced coffee:
- Iced coffee – You can use cold brew coffee or iced coffee (coffee that’s brewed hot and then cooled). Cold brew coffee is the best since it’s smoother and more flavorful compared to coffee brewed hot and then cooled. However, feel free to use whatever that’s available. Chilled leftover coffee will also work well.
- Baileys Irish cream – Irish cream adds creaminess, richness, and the classic Baileys flavor.
- Liqueur – You can use coffee liqueur such as Kahlua. This liqueur adds coffee and liqueur taste to your Baileys iced coffee. If you’re not a fan of alcohol, you can skip this ingredient.
- Half-and-half – Adding milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream to your Bailey’s iced coffee is optional. It helps make your coffee boozier by adding creaminess and some texture.
- Baileys whipped cream – Whipped cream can be used as a topping for Bailey’s iced coffee. Alternatively, you can top your Baileys iced coffee with chocolate shavings and vanilla ice cream. Equally important, you can add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to your Baileys iced coffee if you’re looking for a sweeter beverage.
Here’s a Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make Baileys Iced Coffee
- Coffee maker
- Glass mug
- 6 ounces cold brewed coffee or iced coffee
- 2 ounces Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1.5 ounces Kahlua
- Sugar or sweetener – optional
- 1-ounce half-and-half or milk – optional
Toppings – Optional
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Brew your coffee using a coffee maker and set it aside to cool. Alternatively, brew your coffee cold.
- Add your iced or cold brew coffee into a tall glass mug with ice. Ensure that you leave some room for the liqueur.
- Add Kahlua, Baileys Irish cream, and any dairy of your choice – half and-half or milk if you want your drink creamier.
- Stir the drink and enjoy it.
- You can add the toppings of your choice to the cocktail.
If you are not a Kahlua fan, leave the coffee liqueur out. Additionally, add sugar to your Baileys iced coffee for extra sweetness. What’s more, you can also consider using Baileys Irish cream flavored varieties such as espresso creme, cinnamon, vanilla, and salted caramel to add flavor to your Baileys iced coffee. Last but not least, you can skip the dairy (half and half and milk) if you are not a dairy fan.
1. Does Baileys Iced Coffee Contain Alcohol?
Yes. Baileys Irish cream contains alcohol, and so does the Baileys iced coffee since the Irish cream is an ingredient. However, you can skip the Baileys Irish cream and Kahlua if you want to skip the alcohol in your iced coffee.
2. Can You Use Other Irish Cream Flavors?
Yes. Feel free to use Bailey’s Irish cream flavors of your choice. Some of the Baileys Irish cream flavor varieties include Baileys Almande, Baileys Espresso Creme, Bailey’s salted caramel, and Baileys Chocolat luxe, among others.
3. Can You Make Baileys Iced Coffee Ahead of time?
Bailey’s iced coffee tastes better when freshly made. However, feel free to use old iced coffee and any leftover coffee. You don’t need to brew a fresh pot of joe whenever you want to make Baileys iced coffee.
4. What is Bailey’s Irish Cream Made of?
Baileys Irish cream consists of Irish whiskey, sugar, cocoa or chocolate powder, and cream. Generally, Baileys Irish cream is an Irish alcoholic flavored drink. The Irish liqueur is smooth with a unique flavor and rich texture. The drink is a perfect sip on its own or when added to your coffee or your favorite cocktail.