Whether black coffee, latte, espresso, or Americano, drinking coffee helps pick up your spirits at any time of the day. The best part is that there are lots of coffee beverage varieties to try out. This way, you won’t get bored of drinking only plain coffee. In this article, I am sharing with you a special coffee beverage that’ll bring a whole new experience to your coffee world – Snickerdoodle coffee. If you love snickerdoodle cookies, this coffee is definitely for you. Read on to find out how to make snickerdoodle coffee.
What is Snickerdoodle Coffee?
Snickerdoodle coffee is a beverage that’s made of spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg, sugar, and some whipped cream to add a decadent, sweet, and rich taste. Snickerdoodle coffee tastes more like snickerdoodle cookies – sweet, delicious, and with delectable spices. Usually, a snickerdoodle cookie is made of flour, eggs, cinnamon, butter, baking soda, and sugar. The cinnamon in the cookie is what makes it different from the sugar cookie. Generally, snickerdoodle coffee is an ideal beverage for coffee lovers who are looking to enjoy the flavor of snickerdoodle cookies without baking them.
Additionally, snickerdoodle coffee is ideal for coffee lovers who enjoy sweetened coffee drinks. The best part of the beverage is that it’s easy to make, you don’t require any special equipment, and the coffee tastes amazing. Here’s what you need to know about making snickerdoodle coffee.
How to Make Snickerdoodle Coffee
Here are some of the ingredients you’ll need when making snickerdoodle coffee:
- Brown sugar
- Ground nutmeg
- Brewed coffee
- Ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
Usually, brewed coffee is the key ingredient in making snickerdoodle coffee. When brewing coffee, ensure that it’s your favorite coffee type so you can enjoy every sip. Here are some tips on brewing the best coffee for snickerdoodle coffee.
A medium-dark roast is the best coffee roast that will work well with snickerdoodle coffee. Usually, a light roast such as blonde roast coffee will produce an underwhelming flavor that may not pair well with the spices and sweetness of snickerdoodle coffee. On the other hand, a medium-dark roast with caramelized flavors will pair well with the spices added to the coffee. Additionally, a dark roast is also an ideal choice if you want an intense flavor for your joe. The strong flavor in dark coffee roasts complements the sweetness of snickerdoodle coffee.
For sugar, you can either use brown sugar, light brown, or dark brown sugar; whatever brown sugar is available in your home will work for the recipe. When it comes to spices, cinnamon and nutmeg are the best options for snickerdoodle coffee. Spices are meant to give the coffee some flavor. If you love your coffee sweeter and creamy, feel free to add whipped cream. Additionally, you can add frothed milk or simply a splash of milk to create a nice layer for your joe.
Best Brewing Technique for Snickerdoodle Coffee
While there are a variety of coffee brewing techniques, French press and pour-over are the best brewing techniques for snickerdoodle coffee. The French press technique involves steeping some coffee grounds water that’s hot, then using a French press plunger to press down the grounds, thus separating the coffee grounds from the brewed coffee.
On the other hand, the pour-over coffee brewing technique involves pouring some hot water slowly over the coffee grounds and collecting the brewed coffee at the bottom. That said, the brewing method depends on the coffee brewer in your home and your personal preferences. Generally, any of these techniques will produce great coffee.
Step-By-Step Guide to Making Snickerdoodle Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces of brewed coffee
- One serving of whipped cream
- Milk frother
- 1 cup whole milk
Cuisine – American
Course – Drink
Preparation time – 3 minutes
Cooking time – 2 minute
Total time – 5 minutes
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee into a mug.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, whole milk, and nutmeg in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients using a milk frother until you achieve a smooth and frothy mixture.
- Add the spice mixture to a mug, then pour the freshly brewed coffee.
- Stir the mixture to combine all the flavors.
- Top the coffee with whipped cream and sprinkle some spices on it.
- Serve and enjoy your snickerdoodle coffee.
- Add some ice cubes if you want a refreshing iced snickerdoodle coffee.
What to Pair with Snickerdoodle Coffee
While snickerdoodle coffee tastes good on its own, feel free to pair the beverage with snickerdoodle cookies or with sugar and cinnamon donuts for a perfect treat.
Tips for Making the Best Snickerdoodle Coffee
Here are some tips for making the best snickerdoodle coffee:
- Use some filtered or bottled water when brewing your coffee
- Use some medium-dark roasted coffee beans
- Top the coffee with whipped cream as well as cinnamon to create a dense and sweet drink
- Serve snickerdoodle coffee in a big mug and with some sugar donuts or snickerdoodle cookies
How to Froth Milk Using a Mason Jar
If you don’t own a milk frother, you can still froth your milk using a mason jar. Here’s how you do it.
- Add the milk to the mason jar. Ensure that you leave room in the jar for frothing purposes. You can fill the mason with milk until it’s half-filled.
- Put the mason jar’s lid well, then shake the jar for a minute. The secret here is putting muscle while shaking the jar.
- After shaking the jar well for a minute, remove the lid of the jar and microwave the milk for 30 seconds. This helps bring out and stabilize the foam.
- Pour the milk into a jar with spices, then follow the snickerdoodle coffee-making procedure.
Alternatively, you can add the brown sugar, the spices required, and the whole milk into the mason jar, secure the lid, then shake everything together.
How Many Calories in Snickerdoodle Coffee?
Snickerdoodle coffee contains about 93 calories. These calories result from the added brown sugar, whipped cream, and milk. Brewed coffee barely contains any calories. Generally, snickerdoodle coffee is a great beverage if you’re watching your calorie intake.
That said, you can try snickerdoodle coffee if you’re looking to jazz up your regular coffee routine. What’s more, the beverage is easy to make, and you don’t need any special equipment or ingredients. Additionally, you can customize the beverage by adding whipped cream and milk to suit your preferences.