Apart from brightening up your morning, coffee has proved to have more benefits in your body. Consuming too much caffeine is usually not good for your body. However, when you take the right amount, it has a lot of benefits for your health. Some of the benefits include:
- Lowers type 2 diabetes risk.
- Lowers skin cancer risk.
- Lowers dementia risk.
- Lowers Parkinson’s disease risk.
- Protects your liver.
- Lowers heart disease and stroke risk.
- Helps fight depression.
Here we are going to focus on the benefits that coffee has on the liver. Some of the benefits include:
- lowers liver cancer risk.
- Lowers liver cirrhosis risk.
- Lowers non-alcoholic fatty liver disease risk.
Apart from the caffeine present in coffee, research shows that coffee contains other chemicals that play a huge role in lowering the risk of diseases.
- Lowers Liver Cancer
Liver cancer is cancer starting at your liver cells. Taking coffee reduces the chances of suffering from liver cancer. This is a result of the many antioxidants that reduce liver inflammation, acids, and chemicals found in the coffee. Drinking 2-3 cups of coffee every day reduces liver cancer risk by 44% compared to people who don’t drink it. Adding another cup reduces the risk by 65% compared to non-consumers. People who drink a lot of coffee are at low risk of getting the disease.
- Lowers Cirrhosis
Liver cirrhosis is the final stage of liver fibrosis caused by liver diseases such as chronic hepatitis and chronic alcoholism. When the liver is damaged by either alcohol or diseases, it repairs itself causing a scar. This process continues until the liver cannot withstand any more damage and has several scars. This is a life-threatening stage. Taking 3-4 cups of coffee in a day reduces the risk of getting liver cirrhosis as the digested caffeine produces a chemical that assists in the growth of the scars formed. For people who already have cirrhosis taking coffee reduces the death risk.
- Lowers Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is a condition that occurs when fat piles in the liver. It occurs to non-alcohol consumers. The fat can be caused by obesity, too much cholesterol in the body, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Taking 2-3 cups per day lowers the risk of the disease.
- Drink at least 3 cups of coffee every day to reap the benefits from it. The more the cups of coffee you take, the more the benefits.
- Drink coffee regularly as it benefits the liver when drank daily.
- For liver benefits, black coffee is the best.
- However, people suffering from heart problems and sensitive to coffee should avoid it or consult the doctor before taking it.
- Drink caffeinated coffee as decaffeinated coffee does not reduce liver diseases risk.
Tips to Healthy Liver
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Stay hydrated.
- Exercise regularly to burn liver fat.
- Avoid too much alcohol consumption.
- Avoid direct contact with toxins.
Coffee consumption is encouraged to keep your liver healthy. Decaffeinated coffee does not reduce the risk of diseases. Taking caffeinated coffee is the key to lowering the risks of the disease. Consume coffee regularly to reap the benefits.