Did you know that coffee can do a lot more than perking you throughout the day? Yes, that’s right. Your favorite beverage has a lot in store for you.
Do coffee grounds help in getting rid of cellulite? The answer is yes. Coffee grounds will help you get rid of cellulite temporarily. This article shows how you can do that.
Let’s start with understanding what cellulite is and its causes. Cellulite is the uneven dimpling or bumpiness of your skin. Here, the subcutaneous fat piles up below your skin. Some causes of cellulite include:
- Weight gain
- Hormonal imbalance
- Poor dieting
- Accumulated toxins
To get rid of cellulite on your skin, you can use coffee body scrub or body cellulite creams with coffee as an ingredient. However, one important thing you need to understand is that coffee only gets rid of cellulite temporarily and not permanently. The fats still tend to exist beneath your skin. The effects of coffee scrub on your skin will reduce the appearance of cellulite for about a week.
Let’s now take a look at how this is possible. Coffee Grounds on Your Skin.
- Coffee contains caffeine which is responsible for reducing cellulite appearance. Caffeine increases the flow of blood by dilating the blood vessels in the bumpy area. This helps in the evening and smoothening out the skin.
- Caffeine also works as a diuretic by changing the water content present in the fats. This reduces cellulite appearance.
- The antioxidants in coffee reduce the toxins levels on your skin. This helps reduce the appearance of cellulite which is also healthy for your skin.
DIY to Help Reduce Cellulite Appearance
- A quarter cup of fresh ground coffee
- 3 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Bowl or container
- Add the fresh ground coffee to a bowl.
- Add the hot water to the coffee.
- Allow the mixture to settle for 10 minutes.
- Add the tablespoons of olive oil to the paste.
- Clean the areas you want to scrub using warm water.
- Apply the body scrub on the areas with your hands using a circular motion for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Leave the scrub on the skin for 3 minutes.
- Rinse the area using warm water.
- Dry and moisturize the area.
Allowing the paste to settle for 10 minutes helps with the good absorption of water by the coffee grounds. Olive oil, on the other hand, makes it easy to spread the body scrub.
You can also use used coffee grounds for the scrub. You can try wrapping an old towel to hold the coffee grounds in place for three minutes. This will give you better results. Before using cellulite creams, check out for any allergic reaction.
Let’s have a look at some of coffee’s other benefits. First, drinking coffee in moderation will help you reduce the risks of some diseases such as:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some cancer types
- Parkinson’s disease
Coffee has a lot of other health benefits. Coffee is also good for your hair. We’re just going to list a few benefits of coffee on your hair.
- Coffee increases the growth of your hair
- You can use coffee to improve your hair texture
- Coffee prevents the loss of hair
- Coffee is great for boosting blood circulation on your scalp
That’s not all. Coffee is also beneficial when it comes to your skin. Coffee is a popular ingredient for body scrubs and masks. Some of the benefits of coffee to your skin are
- Coffee improves the circulation of blood on your skin
- Coffee has anti-aging properties on your skin
- Coffee helps to get rid of cellulite
- Coffee will brighten up your skin
- Coffee treats acne