Experimenting recipes and getting it right can be a lot of fun. The magic moment when you feel like the kitchen boss no one can dethrone in the game! Hold your crown and lift your head high because you are about to crack another recipe like a piece of cake!
This article will give you a concise detail on how to make the best white chocolate sauce for coffee at home. It will also enlighten you on the best ingredients to use to achieve the thick white chocolate sauce of your choice, with just a few ingredients at your reach.
What is White Chocolate Sauce Made of?
White chocolate sauce is a rich dairy based sauce which is similar to chocolate sauce. As the name implies, it is made with white chocolate and milk. Research explains that eating white chocolate responsibly improves liver health, reduces level of bad cholesterol, helps with glucose deficiency, reduces artery clogging, and also helps respiratory muscles.
Unlike the regular chocolate sauce, white chocolate sauce has a subtle flavor that rather compliments your coffee’s taste with a silky texture. This brings out the full glory of your coffee without being compromised by the sauce.
If you are a great fan of coffee and you have not tried out thick creamy white chocolate sauce with it, then your daily dose of caffeine has not reached its full potential!
All you need for this simple-to-make, yet nutritional sauce is just white chocolate bar or chips, and heavy whipping cream.
You can never go wrong with a silky smooth creamy white chocolate yummy sauce!
How Do You Make Thick White Chocolate Sauce for Coffee?
Even though a lot of people incorporate quite a number of things such as butter in their recipe, there are just two basic ingredients that covers it all and gives the thick creamiest result. They are;
- White Chocolate
A good quality white chocolate will give you a good quality white chocolate sauce. Whether your choice is a chocolate bar or chocolate chips, make sure to get a very good quality. If you have a favorite already, then go for that. If you do not, try out the famous richly flavored Ghirardelli white chocolate. If you are looking for something cheaper, go for the bars; only that you have to go through the stress of cutting it into smaller pieces before being used. For an easier white chocolate sauce journey, white chocolate chips are your best choice. They are already in small pieces and they melt faster.
- Heavy Cream
For you to get that rich and thick sauce, make sure to get a heavy cream, and not anything light, or, half and half. Anything other than heavy cream will change the texture of the sauce to be lighter than the standard being aimed for. If you don’t have heavy cream at your disposal, you can use whole milk. You have the two? Mix it! Remember the mantra of this white chocolate sauce is “creamy and rich.”
Using heavy cream will also make your sauce a multipurpose for your saucing needs. You’ll want to use it on anything!
Other kitchen equipment needed are;
- Medium Saucepan
- Airtight container for storage(Mason jar/resealable container)
How to Prepare White Chocolate Sauce for Coffee on a Cooker
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add your white chocolate chips and stir until finally melted, thereby forming a smooth thick paste.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Allow the sauce to cool completely and thicken. Then, store in your Mason jar or resealable container till you are ready to use.
How to Prepare White Chocolate Sauce for Coffee in an Oven
- Add the white chocolate chips and cream into a microwavable bowl.
- While on 50% power, microwave for 1 minute, bring it out then stir.
- Put it back in, and microwave for 30 seconds on the same power percentage.
- Continue this process until all chocolate has been fully melted and well combined with the cream.
- Transfer to your storage container and allow it to cool down and thicken up(preferably in the fridge) before use.
How to Make White Chocolate Sauce Without Cream
In the absence of a heavy cream which already has all the fat needed commercially homogenized, you can prepare your white chocolate sauce with milk and some other ingredients to make up for the thickness needed. Condensed milk will be preferably useful for this.
How to Make White Chocolate Sauce with Condensed Milk
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cocoa butter
- Vanilla extract
With kitchen equipment such as;
- Wide pan
- Put sugar, sweetened condensed milk and a pinch of salt in the pan.
- Bring to a boil for about 5minutes
- Add the cocoa butter and whisk together
- Boil for another 2-3minutes
- Switch off the heat and whisk in your vanilla extract.
Additional Tips for White Chocolate Sauce for Coffee
- Monitor your sauce while boiling. Leaving dairy unattended to, could make it curdle.
- For the best thickness, allow your sauce to cool completely before using.
- Use a wider pan for more evaporation and a thicker sauce.
How to Use White Chocolate Sauce
- Pour into your morning dose of caffeine for an easy white chocolate latte
- Use as ice cream topper
- Drizzle on waffles or pancakes
- Drizzle on cookies
- Perfect for white chocolate cake
- Whipping up a white chocolate mocha
FAQs about White Chocolate Sauce for Coffee
How Do You Make White Chocolate Mocha Sauce for Coffee?
- Make your coffee to your desired taste
- Add your homemade coffee sauce
- Top off with steamed/foamed milk
- By choice, sprinkle cinnamon or grated nutmeg on it
Can You Freeze White Chocolate Sauce?
Sure, you can do so. However, make sure it is in an airtight container.
How Do You Thicken White Chocolate Sauce?
Allow the sauce to cool down before refrigerating. If it does not thicken after it cools down, melt more chocolate chips into the sauce.
How Do You Make White Chocolate Sauce Thinner?
Add more milk into your sauce to achieve a thinner mixture.
How Do You Store White Chocolate Sauce?
Store white chocolate sauce in a heat-safe jar in your refrigerator.
How Long Does White Chocolate Sauce Last?
Since it contains dairy, it is not advisable to store it for more than a week.
What Is White Chocolate Syrup?
White chocolate syrup is a mixture of milk and white chocolate chips, melted and cooked into a syrupy texture for drizzle over desserts, fruits, or in a coffee.
What Does White Chocolate Syrup Taste Like?
White chocolate syrup tastes has a sweet milky taste that complements many flavors, especially that of coffee.
White chocolate sauce for coffee is a nice creamy sauce you would want to put on anything you are eating. It also has a myriad of health benefits. However, you should be careful of the quantity you are taking in at once. It should also not be eaten frequently. It is wisely said that excess as well as dearth of anything is not good.