Coffee is more than a tool to fuel your early mornings, daytime, and late nights. It contains natural compounds such as antioxidants, diterpenes, melanoidins, fatty acids, proteins, and sugars that benefit your health and skin. Therefore, we can look at your cup of joe as a sustainable health elixir rather than a simple beverage.
What’s more, when it comes to the skin, coffee has for ages been used in the making of masks, scrubs, as well as pastes. Not to mention, coffee can also be used as an eyebrow tint. This article will discuss how you can darken your eyebrows with coffee. Read on!
How to Darken Eyebrows with Coffee
Darkening your eyebrows is another way to give them more definition. However, the use of harsh chemicals on your eyebrows can lead to a bad reaction to them and your skin. Instead of using harsh chemicals on your eyebrows, you can try an all-natural approach such as the use of coffee. Furthermore, the use of coffee to darken your eyebrows is effective and it gives them a natural, defined look.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to darken your eyebrows with coffee.
What you’ll need:
- 21 grams of coffee grounds
- 3 grams of cocoa powder
- 26 grams of coconut oil
- Combine the coffee grounds and the cocoa powder – In a small bowl, add 21 grams (two tablespoons) of coffee grounds and 3 grams (one teaspoon) of cocoa powder. Mix the two ingredients properly until they are completely combined.
Cocoa powder is used to brighten or lighten the dye. Therefore, if you want your eyebrows lighter, use more cocoa powder. On the other hand, if you want your eyebrows darker, use less cocoa powder.
Coffee grounds are used to give the dye a richer color. You’ll need to use caffeinated coffee grounds since they can help thicken patchy or sparse eyebrows. Caffeinated coffee grounds are richer in color.
- Add 26 grams or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the cocoa powder and coffee grounds mixture. Alternatively, you can use olive or jojoba oil. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to create a liquid solution or mixture.
- Add some honey – Honey is used to help the dye stick to your eyebrows. Therefore, add some honey into the coffee mixture and stir to form a paste-like consistency. There isn’t a specific amount of honey that you should add. Therefore, start with adding a small amount of it, then test the mixture to see if it’ll stick on your finger. If it doesn’t stick, add more until you achieve the sticky paste-like consistency.
- Allow the mixture to sit for three to five minutes so that the ingredients can thoroughly bind together.
- Prepare your eyebrows – To do this, wash your face with your face cleanser and water to ensure that there isn’t any residue or dirt on your skin and especially around the brow area. Any dirt or residue on your brow hair may affect the effectiveness of the dye. After cleaning your face, dry it with a clean towel.
In case you have very dry and flaky skin, exfoliate the brow area using a facial scrub while avoiding the delicate skin that’s around your eyes.
- Use a spoolie brush to comb through your eyebrows before applying the dye. This ensures that your eyebrows are in their proper shape.
- Tweeze any stray hairs – After combing your eyebrows into their natural shape, look in the mirror to see if you have any stray hairs, then remove them with a clean pair of tweezers. Alternatively, get a professional to wax, thread, or tweeze your eyebrows into proper shape.
- Dye your eyebrows – Dip an eyeliner brush or an angled brush into the coffee mixture and smoothly apply the mixture over your eyebrows. While dyeing your eyebrows, ensure that you don’t apply the coffee mixture outside the brows since you may end up staining your skin. Alternatively, you can use a brow pencil to mark the edges of your eyebrows for precision when applying the dye.
- Apply a second layer of the coffee mixture to your eyebrows to ensure that they are perfectly covered with the dye. In case there are any smudges or mistakes you’ve made while applying the dye, use a wet cotton swab to clean them.
- Let the coffee mixture on your eyebrows sit for approximately 20 minutes. The longer you wait for the dye to settle, the darker the eyebrows will be. Therefore, you can always adjust the wait time to your preferences. However, keep in mind that it’s better to dye your eyebrows too light than too dark. Lightly dyed eyebrows can be added another coffee layer to darken them. On the other hand, dark-dyed eyebrows cannot be lightened.
- Remove the coffee mixture – After 20 minutes, use a wet cotton swab to remove the coffee mixture from your eyebrows ensuring that there isn’t any coffee residue that’s left. Alternatively, you can use a wet cloth to remove the dye but keep in mind that the coffee mixture may stain the cloth.
- If your eyebrows do not turn dark enough as expected or desired, repeat the whole dyeing process. Otherwise, enjoy your newly coffee-tinted eyebrows.