Coffee is a favorite beverage for millions of people around the world. Coffee offers numerous benefits such as helping to lose weight by improving metabolism, keeping the body fit, boosting memory, and promoting wakefulness. However, adding sugar to coffee may be counterproductive among some people. You can enjoy more benefits of coffee by drinking it without sugar. Here is how to make sugar free coffee.
There are several methods you can consider to make sugar free coffee. They include:
Method 1- Using Instant Coffee to Make Coffee without Sugar
Step 1– Boil enough water or milk for a cup of coffee.
Step 2– Add ½ teaspoon of instant coffee into a coffee cup.
Step 3– Add the boiling water or milk.
Step 4– Stir and serve your sugar free coffee.
Method 2- Using a French Press to Make Coffee without Sugar
Step 1– Remove the lid completely.
Step 2– Add coffee grounds to the carafe.
Step 3– Add enough hot water to the carafe.
Step 4– Allow the coffee to sit for about 4 minutes.
Step 5– Put the lid in place.
Step 6– Press the lid down to separate the grounds from the brewed coffee.
Step 7- Serve your sugar free coffee.
Method 3- How to Make Sugar Free Coffee with a Coffee Machine
One of the easiest ways of making coffee without sugar is by using a coffee maker. Here is how to do it:
Step 1– Add ground coffee grounds into the filter.
Step 2– Add enough water to the pot.
Step 3– Turn it on and wait for it to brew.
Step 4– Your coffee is ready to serve.
What are the Benefits of Drinking Sugar Free Coffee?
Although sugar free coffee may not be tasty for some people, it offers numerous health benefits including:
- Sugar-free coffee helps in weight loss, especially when you drink it without milk. It works by boosting metabolism and burning fat.
- By drinking sugar free coffee, you will enjoy improved cognitive functioning, increased energy levels, and enhanced mood.
- Sugar-free coffee cleanses the tummy as it works like a diuretic. Thus, it will help your body flush out bacteria and toxins when you drink it.
- If you drink black coffee without adding sugar, it will help boost your memory. It helps the brain stay active, thereby boosting your memory power. Also, it has been shown to keep nerves active, thereby preventing dementia.
- Another benefit of drinking sugarless coffee, especially black coffee, is that it feeds the body with antioxidants, nutrients, and minerals such as manganese, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B5, B3, and B2.
- By drinking sugar free coffee regularly, your body will experience reduced inflammation. Consequently, there is reduced risk of developing cardiovascular diseases. Also, it reduces the risk of developing certain cancers such as liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
- When you drink black coffee without sugar, you are more likely to age gracefully. It works by helping the body and mind stay young. Also, research shows that it can reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease by boosting dopamine levels in the brain.
- Also, drinking sugar free coffee decreases the risk of diabetes, especially in families with a history of diabetes.