Creamy hot coffee is a delicious and cozy way of giving yourself a quick dose of a pick-me-up drink in the morning. In this guide, we will show you how to make creamy hot coffee. The best part about this recipe is that you will not require any special equipment. You only require a few readily available ingredients and utensils. Besides, you only need a few minutes of your time to make this coffee.
Ingredients and Items Required
Here is what you need to make a hot, creamy cup of coffee at home:
- Milk– Use 2 percent or whole milk for this recipe since it froths better than skim milk. However, you can use any milk of your choice. Also, you can use plant-based milk if you like being vegan or if dairy is not for you.
- Instant coffee– Use any instant coffee granules of your choice. Alternatively, you can use espresso granules. If you are reducing your caffeine intake or you are sensitive to caffeine, you can use decaf instant coffee.
- Hot water– You will need to boil some clean water.
- Sugar– Preferably, use cane sugar for this recipe. However, you can use your preferred sweetener. Nevertheless, powdered jaggery or brown sugar will give the drink a caramel taste.
- Sealable jar– You will need a jar with a tight lid to make foamy milk. Preferably, use a Mason jar with a handle since you will be shaking hot milk in the jar. You can also use a thermos flask.
- Spoon– A spoon will help you to beat the coffee vigorously. If you already have a milk frother, then you won’t need a spoon and a Mason jar.
- Cup– To mix in instant coffee, sugar, and hot water.
- Saucepan– To heat milk.
Recipe- How to Make Creamy Hot Coffee
Step 1- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons of instant coffee into a cup. You may use more sugar depending on your taste preferences.
Step 2- Add 3 tablespoons of hot boiling water into the cup. Doing so will soak and dissolve the instant coffee and sugar. You can add ¼ cup of hot water if you prefer a weaker coffee flavor.
Step 3- Stir the sugar, coffee, and water mixture briskly. Next, beat the mixture for about 4 minutes or until the color lightens and a frothy layer forms on top. You can take short breaks after every minute to relax your hands. You can use a milk frother to beat the mixture effortlessly.
Step 4- Add 1 cup of milk into a heavy saucepan. Heat the milk on medium heat and allow it to boil briefly.
Step 5- Pour the milk into a glass jar. You can also add it to a thermos flask. Avoid using a plastic jar or bottle.
Step 6- Shake the jar or flask containing the hot milk vigorously for about 1 to 2 minutes to froth it. Alternatively, froth the milk with a frother or blender. The milk should form a foamy layer.
Step 7- Pour about ½ of the foamy milk into the cup containing beaten coffee. Stir the mixture with a spoon. Then pour in the remaining foamy milk. Ensure you add in the frothy layer to give your coffee a real café effect.
Step 8- Serve your creamy hot coffee right away. You can sprinkle some cocoa or cinnamon powder on top to give the drink extra yumminess.